Help your child get a jump start on school success. Research shows that reading to your child everyday can help build language and reading skills that will boost school readiness. Start anytime! If you read 3 books to your child every day, you can read 1000 books in one year! After you have read 1000 books together, you will be finished with the program, but the love of reading will be there for life! Join today and we will help encourage and motivate you to reach your goal of 1000 Books Before Kindergarten.
How to Participate:
- Pick up your new new tote bag and first reading record at the library.
- Color or cross off a flower on your reading log after you or anyone else has read a book to your child. If you read a book more than once, record it each time.
- After you have read 100 books and completed the reading log, return it to the library.
- Receive a sticker, take and post your picture and move your bee to the next Bee4K Hive.
- Take home the next reading log.
- Repeat until you reach 1000 books!
- After finishing 500 books, your child will receive a forever book.
- After finishing 1000 books, your child will receive a forever book, and a completion certificate.
Print Your Own Reading Bee Logs: