At this time, we are no longer taking new volunteer applications.
I want to Volunteer!
If you are interested in volunteering when we are taking new applications
1) Stop by or call the library at 715-425-0905. A staff person will talk about volunteer opportunities.
2) You will receive a packet of forms and information.
The packet includes:
- Volunteer Expectation and Information form
- Volunteer Interest form
- City of River Falls Waiver form
- City of River Falls Authorization for Release of Information (for a background check) form
The background check will take about a week.
3) Fill out, sign, and drop off the forms from your packet.
If you are a teen (age 17 & under, must have completed 6th grade to volunteer), make sure a parent/guardian signs the forms
4) Someone from the library full-time staff will contact you about volunteering and schedule a time for you to volunteer after the background check is completed.
5) Whoever is helping you volunteer will show you how to sign-in, find a lanyard, how to complete volunteer tasks, and discuss patron privacy while volunteering at the library.
High School and UWRF Honors Students – if you need to complete volunteer hours by a certain date, please have your volunteer application in at least 30 days before your hours need to be completed.
At this time, we are not accepting court-ordered community service volunteers.
As this is a volunteer job, you may resign from it at any time or decline any offering. However, we rely on you to perform the jobs you have agreed to.
Please notify the staff in advance if possible when you are unable to fulfill your volunteer schedule.
If you have questions about volunteering at the library, please call the library at 715-425-0905.
Thank you for considering a volunteer position at your public library.