Giving and Donations
DONATING BOOKS AND OTHER MATERIALS
- Due to space and staffing constraints, the Library will only accept donated materials that are in new condition and have been published within the last five years.
- Please check that your donations meet this criteria before bringing them to the Library.
- Donated items become the property of the River Falls Public Library, and the Library reserves the right to distribute, sell, use, or dispose of donated materials.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse donated materials for any reason.
- Unless you make prior arrangements, please limit donations to two bags or boxes at a time.
- You may request a receipt for tax purposes.
- The Library does NOT accept sets of encyclopedias, textbooks, old magazines, Reader’s Digest condensed books, VHS tapes, or audiocassettes.
- Materials of local historical interest may be accepted regardless of age or condition.
Please contact Technical Services Librarian Jon George regarding this or other materials donation questions at 715-426-3497 or e-mail, email@example.com
MEMORIALS, BEQUESTS AND CASH DONATIONS
Library patrons can support the work of the library through monetary donations. Donors can give to the ongoing work of the library, designate purchase of materials to a particular area (i.e. children’s books, large print) or for ongoing and special projects as they arise.
Memorials in the name of loved ones are accepted and appreciated. Nameplates are placed in the front of any materials or furniture purchased. Memorials may also be given for the ongoing work of the library.
You can also leave a lasting gift to the community by including the River Falls Public Library in your estate planning.
RIVER FALLS LIBRARY FOUNDATION
The River Falls Library Foundation provides funding and support for projects outside of the scope of the library’s regular budget. The Foundation has played a major role in all the library’s building projects, including the current building (1997), lower level construction (2003), and the 2009 remodeling project. They also provided half the funding for the electronic signboard.
The Foundation underwrites the cost of the children’s annual Summer Library Program, funds library technology purchases, financially supports programming and gallery exhibits, and purchases new bestsellers, as well as other projects as requested by staff. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. Annual membership is just $5 for individuals and $15 for families.
For more information pick up a brochure at the library or contact a board member.
River Falls Library Foundation
P.O. Box 592
River Falls, WI 54022
Your tax-deductible donations to the library are important and appreciated!